Some snippets of advice for September, October, November and early December...
- Harvest your fall vegetables and the last crops of tomatoes.
- Plant fall crops such as lettuces and pansies.
- Plant fall bulbs for spring color (i.e. daffodils, hyacinths, tulips).
- Start your holiday shopping and cards.
- Remember to get your Christmas tree.
- Stop by and see Santa on weekends in December.
- Take a walk on the beach and dispose of any trash you may find while there.
For your lawn:
- If you choose to use the Scott’s program, it’s time for Step 4- your Fall fertilizer.
- Re-seed if necessary.
- Seeding is best done in the Fall when the air temperatures have cooled down, yet the ground is warm.
- Thatching or core aeration with a power machine is best done in September or October.
- The last fertilization of your lawn must occur by October 31.
- Lime can be added at any time. However, granular lime applied now will be in the soil by Spring.